Our Mission: We create poverty reducing pathways for Whatcom County residents to discover their dreams and achieve their full potential.
Our Vision: We envision a community where marginalized individuals are valued contributors and feel accepted, understood, connected and needed.
We believe in the inherent worth of every individual.
We practice the Great Commandment, “Love your neighbor”.
We value relationship as the key to significant and lasting change.
We collaborate with other agencies, organizations and individuals
To encourage and inspire ABCD principles and strategies to board, staff, volunteers and clients.
To remove roadblocks to a stable life by connecting people to community resources.
To teach and coach life skills through:
- Values Based Financial Literacy Courses
- Bridges out of Poverty/Poverty IQ Trainings and Workshops
- Creating mentoring relationships
To raise awareness of the causes and realities of Whatcom County poverty through:
- Poverty IQ Trainings and Workshops
- Participation in community wide events such as the Poverty Simulation, The Christmas Shoppe, Gotcha Covered Community Clothing Store
- Participation and collaboration with local service organizations such as Goodwill, Lighthouse Mission, Engedi Refuge, Options High School and others.
- Partnerships that create opportunities for Whatcom Dream graduates to obtain scholarships through Whatcom Community College and Bellingham Technical College.